Saturday, February 4, 2012
Chapada on the Web
As I have promised, here is a list of the websites I used to plan our trip to beautiful Chapada Diamantina, Bahia.
- http://www.guialencois.com.br/default.asp?config_idioma=2 - information about the main city of Chapada, Lençois. There are pictures, information about places to visit, lodging and food.
- http://www.biosferabrasil.com/meu_destino.php?cod_destino=4&idioma=i - leanr a little bit about Chapada Diamantina.
- http://www.pousadadasarvores.com/index.php/en/much-leisure/itineraries - website of a B&B that brings suggestions of itineraries.
- http://pousadamucuge.com.br/passeio.html - website of a B&B in the town of Mucugê. Mucugê is about an hour south of Lençois. This website has suggestions of trips in the area of Mucugê.
- http://alpinamucuge.com.br/atracoes.html - another B&B in Mucugê with trip suggestions.
- http://www.triboaventura.com/2005chapada/mapa.htm - map of the whole Chapada area., with attractions. Suggestions of itineraries as well.
- http://www.mirantedelencois.com.br/english/ - The first motel that we considered. It was too expensive for our budget, but it is beautiful!!!!! Worth checking it out! It also has suggestions fo places to visit.
- http://www.vilaserrano.com.br/xpt/pousada.html - One of the first motels we considered. Also too expensive, but also beautiful! Yummy breakfast tables! Good suggestions of trips.
- http://www.overmundo.com.br/guia/ribeirao-do-meio-rala-bunda-1 - this is a description of one specific trip. But if you read Portuguese you can find other descriptions of places you might want to check it out.
- http://www.chapada.org/english/ - suggestions of trips all over the area of Chapada.
- http://www.lentur.com.br/htm/r1.htm - website of a tourist agency with several itinerary suggestions.
- http://www.pedrasdeigatu.blogspot.com/ - a B&B in the town of Igatu, in the south area of Chapada.
- http://www.guiachapadadiamantina.com.br/ - a guide magazine of Chapada Diamantina.
- http://www.pousadadafonte.com/servico.html - another website with suggestions
- http://www.cirtur.com.br/zoup.fit-texto.php?ZoupFitPagina=2&ZoupFitPaginaPai=0&ZoupFitPaginaPagrafo=2&ZoupFitPaginaConteudo=30 - more suggestions from a tourist agency.
- http://ecoviagem.uol.com.br/brasil/bahia/lencois/hotel-pousada/ - great place to find B&B and motels!
- https://sites.google.com/site/igatur/pousadaecamping - website of my favorite place to stay in the south part, but my aunt was scared of the forest... spiders...
- http://www.terrachapada.com.br/mapa.php - map and guide of the area.
Well, that's it. Some of these websites do require a little bit of a knowledge of Portuguese, but Google Translator helps a lot too!