Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tombstone

As I looked through the tourism magazine I signed up for on the Arizona website, I found interesting places to include as part of a south section of our trip.

The Tucson Area has several of such places. Starting with Tombstone, the town where the famous OK Corral Shooting happened. I went to the Chamber of Commerce of Tombstone website, and I realized that there is a lot to see in Tombstone, even though it is a tiny little place (population = 1,380). So the mount of things I found on the Chamber of Commerce website might not fit in a day. So I still have to decide whether those activities are worth a second day, or whether we should pick a couple of them and move on. I don't want to do too much of the same.

I have also been looking at lodging, and I liked the lodging in Sierra Vista - nice and  reasonably priced. But I have to make it fit with other trip plans, and prioritize the things we really want to do.

I will look at it with more depth. I also need to read more about the OK Corral story.

Here are the two places that I think we must see:


1 -
The Tombstone Courthouse and State Historic Park is a building from 1882 that is in the shape of a Roman cross.
They hold exhibitions in the building that used to be the location of the sheriff's office, recorder, treasurer, board of supervisors, jail and courtroom. And they have pace where hangings used to happen.


Admission for the building and exhibition is $5.00 per adult and it is open 7days a week, from 9 to 5.


2 - 
The OK Corral site. The problem is that it looks very cool, but the website gives no information about the admission price. All it says is
  Admission (kids under 6 free)

Are you for kidding me?
I am sending them a little note on that typo.

No comments:

Post a Comment