Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Public Transportation + Afternoon Tea = The ultimate London experience!!!


So, last Saturday I got on line again to do some more Great Britain's purchases.
OMG!!!! I can't even believe how close we are to this trip!!! I feel like there is a knot in my stomach!
ME!!! IN EUROPE!!!! YEE!!!! That's gonna be totally awesome!

Anyway... I went to this website www.visitbritain.com and purchased an OYSTER CARD with $50 pounds in it (by pounds I mean the currency they use in Britain, not the weight unit of measure). I bought one for me and one for my baby! guess how much everything totaled? U$189.00

I did the math actually. I tried checking how much we'd spend if I were to buy us 5 day travel cards, it turned out the travel cards would be a couple of pounds more than with the oyster.

Then I talked to my aunt on the phone, and she said we had to go have afternoon tea in London!
O...M...G!!!! AFTERNOON TEA IN LONDON! How is it that I had not thought about it before? The land of the afternoon o'clock tea! Duh, Vika! Wake up and smell the freaking flowers and go schedule tea time.

So I got on the web. "Let's see ... Tea ... in London ... (credit card fake attendant voice) ok, found it! The Ritz! ... Oh, $35 pounds. Let me check the Savoy ... $32 pounds. ..." Houston we have a teeny weeny problem ... I knew that Dean would whine and wail and cry that that was a bit too much for tea and cookies... So I googled "restaurants that serve tea in London" found places that do tea for as low as 9 pounds! However Dean settled for the Aubrey, at $25 pounds a person. He was sold in the environment.

This is the website we looked for afternoon tea http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/restaurants/restaurants-for-afternoon-tea-in-london-recommended-london-106.html

And here is the website for the Aubrey, wher you can make reservations and check the menu: http://www.doylecollection.com/locations/london_city_hotels/the_kensington_hotel/eat__drink/restaurant__bar.aspx

OK so far so good. I will let you know when there's more.

No comments:

Post a Comment